We are committed to protecting your privacy and respecting and upholding your rights under and the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) (collectively, “Privacy Laws”). We ensure that we will take all necessary and reasonable steps to comply with the relevant Privacy Laws and to deal with inquiries or complaints from individuals about compliance with the relevant Privacy Laws.
Personal information is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
The type of personal information we collect from you may include, without limitation, the following:
● IP Address. IP addresses are deleted on a six month rolling basis and are only collected for the purpose of identifying false reports;
any additional information provided to us directly through our website or app or indirectly through use of our website or app or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which we are permitted to collect information.
● your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
● details of the products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
● any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or app or indirectly through your use of our website or app or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
● information you provide to us through customer surveys; or
● any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
Notwithstanding clause 2 above, please note that all information we receive from you will be of an anonymous nature and will be held separately from any identifier (such as your name or your email address).
If you include personal or identifying information about yourself or anyone else in the qualitative text boxes on our app, this data will be deleted from the dataset by a lead developer party to strict Terms and Conditions and a Confidentiality Agreement. Your personal information will never be shared outside of She's A Crowd with the exception of subcontractors party to our Terms & Conditions.
We will collect Personal Information only by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. Generally, we will collect personal information directly from you, and only to the extent necessary to provide our products and services requested or ordered by you and to carry out our administrative functions or as required by a relevant Privacy Law. We may collect sensitive personal information (as defined under the relevant Privacy Laws) from you. We do not knowingly seek or collect Personal Information from children below the age of 16 years.
We may also collect Personal Information from you when you fill in an application form, communicate with us, visit our website, provide us with feedback, complete online surveys or participate in competitions. We may collect Personal Information about you that you have provided to our business partners or from third parties and in respect of which you have given the third party permission to share with us.
If you use a pseudonym when dealing with us or you do not provide identifiable information to us, we may not be able to provide you with any or all of our services as requested. If you wish to remain anonymous when you use our website do not sign into it or provide any information that might identify you.
Under the GDPR, we must have a legal basis to process Personal Information collected from individuals residing in the European Union. We rely on several legal bases to process your Personal Information, including:
● where it is necessary to provide you with access to, and use of, products, services and websites;
● for our legitimate interests to provide, operate and improve our products, services or website;
● where you have freely and expressly consented to the processing of your Personal Information by us, which you may withdraw at any time; or
● where we are under a legal obligation to process your Personal Information.
We use, process and disclose your Personal Information for the purposes for which the information is collected, or for a directly related purpose, including (but not limited to):
● providing our website, products and services to you;
● administering, protecting, improving or optimising our website, products and services (including performing data analytics, conducting research and for advertising and marketing purposes);
● billing you for purchasing or using our website, products and services;
● informing you about our website, products, services, rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
● responding to any inquiries or comments that you submit to us;
● verifying your identity;
● any other purpose you have consented to; and
● any use which is required or authorised by a relevant Privacy Law.
Subject to some exceptions provided by the relevant Privacy Laws, you may request access to your Personal Information in our customer account database, or seek correction of it, by contacting us. See section 13: Contact information. Should we decline you access to your Personal Information, we will provide a written explanation setting out our reasons for doing so.
We may charge a reasonable fee that is not excessive to cover the charges of retrieving your Personal Information from our customer account database. We will not charge you for making the request.
Your personal information will be stored seperately to your story information. Any personal, health or sensitive information that you choose to add to qualitative text that identifies yourself or somebody else will be deleted from our dataset before it is shared with any third party.
● have your express consent (i.e. Information about support services – which you may withdraw at any time by contacting us);
● have a legal basis; or
● are otherwise permitted by relevant Privacy Laws,
we may use and process your Personal Information to send you information about products and services we believe are suited to you and your interests or we may invite you to attend special events.
At any time, you may opt out of receiving direct marketing communications from us. Unless you opt out, your consent to receive direct marketing communications from us and to the handling of your Personal Information as detailed above, will continue. You can opt out by following the unsubscribe instructions included in the relevant marketing communication, or by contacting us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When transmitting Personal Information from your computer to the She’s a Crowd website, you must keep in mind that the transmission of information over the Internet is not always completely secure or error-free. Other than liability that cannot lawfully be excluded, we will not be liable in any way in relation to any breach of security or any unintended loss or disclosure of that information.
The She’s a Crowd website may use 'cookies' or other similar tracking technologies on our website that help us track your website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but if you do so, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the She’s a Crowd website.
We may hold your Personal Information in either electronic or hard copy. We take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your Personal Information. For example, we separate any data collected from you from your names and emails.
However, we cannot guarantee the security of any Personal Information transmitted over the internet and therefore you disclose information to us at your own risk. We will not be liable for any unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, or misuse of your Personal Information.
Under the GDPR, an individual residing in the European Union has enhanced privacy rights, including the right to:
● require us to correct any Personal Information held about you that is inaccurate or incomplete;
● require the deletion of Personal Information concerning you in certain situations;
● data portability for Personal Information you provide to us;
● object or withdraw your consent at any time to the processing of your Personal Information;
● object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you; or
● otherwise restrict our processing of your Personal Information in certain circumstances.
Dated: 03 September 2020
Perpetrator accountability continues during lockdown. Police continue to respond to incidents of violence at this time, so if you are in an emergency, please call 000.